The Montessori Academy of Virginia offers a variety of programs for children, all based on the Montessori philosophy and method of education. The foundation of the program is value for each child’s developing mind; allowing him/her to explore, learn and grow intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically thus enabling them to reach their full potential. We enhance the Montessori technique by engaging our school personnel, parents and students as an educational team – each playing their individual part to help our students to grow and blossom.
Private schools come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes and teaching methods. What The Montessori Academy of Virginia (MAV) offers is a solid curriculum, academic opportunities and structure within a calm, peaceful, family-like atmosphere, together with well-qualified faculty members who undertake continuous training and education. Our teachers do their utmost to tailor the curriculum toward specific interests and talents of each student – making it a “gifted” program on a daily basis.
We strive to develop and implement an educational and activity package that caters to the overall development of each child, their interests, capabilities and talents. This includes the academics of Montessori as well as enhanced activities, daily:
- Montessori academics of Self-Care/Self Independent/Fine and Gross Motor Skills, Sensory and Discovery Activities, Language Arts, Math and Social Studies
- Exploring science and experiments using the Science Room
- Introduction to a second language
- Gym activities and Yoga
- Botany including indoor/outdoor gardening
- Introduction to Computers
- Music and Creative Movement
- Quiet Reading Room
- Program aligned to surpass Virginia State Standards of Learning
Extra-Curricular Enhancement Activities:
The above programs are part of our standard tuition package. Others are available in addition to our academic framework and have an additional cost.
As a service and convenience to parents, the following Extra-Curricular activities are offered on-site (for a nominal additional fee) by professionals contracted by the school.
- Martial Arts/ Tae Kwon Do
- Computer Stars